Green Route Africa is a destination management company who handle inbound meetings, incentives, conferences and events to Southern Africa. The company has been operating for more than 20 years and their clients include corporates and multi-national companies from around the world.
Following a rebrand in 2008, Green Route DMC contracted me to manage the development and roll out of their new website. I also contributed copywriting for a variety of associated marketing content.
- Management of website development process, liaising with designers and client, testing and proofing of website.
- Deliverable: a new Green Route website: www.greenroute.co.za *
2. Destination Showcases
- Research and compilation of information relating to various Southern African destinations.
- Creation of written copy for 8 Branded PDF Destination Showcase documents*, covering 6 countries.
- Image sourcing from the Green Route photo library.
- Creation of 6 “Country Basics” information sheets to accompany the showcases.
- Coordination of final compilation and formatting by design team.
- Proofing of final electronic documents prior to website upload by the design team.
- Provided written copy for several story contributions relating to tourism destinations for Green Route’s monthly email newsletters between 2007 and 2009.
- Assisted in coordinating the newsletter design and send out process.
- You can read a few examples of my writing here , here and here.
“Michelle has proven her professionalism and dedication time and again. She is a dynamic communicator, organiser and problem solver, tackling projects with passion and determination.”
KERRY ROOS – Director of Operations and Product Development for Green Route Africa
* Note: A few years later, Green Route underwent a further rebrand when they were acquired by Dragonfly Africa. So, their website and branding has changed slightly since I worked on it, but the written content I created for the PDF showcase and country basics documents are still in use on the new website.