What’s the big idea?
Hi, I’m Michelle Bondesio … a communications consultant working to empower people and companies to become their “better selves”.
I’m currently doing research on work habits and wellbeing in tech and creative communities, as I have an idea that can help business teams work more effectively.
It involves knowledge-sharing sessions to improve work habits, motivation, communication and performance. A learning service which contributes to creating a stronger culture of growth, development and wellbeing at work, without adding to the pressure of day-to-day To Dos.
But there is not a lot of hard data on actual, current wellbeing practices and work habits, particularly in tech and creative communities in the UK.
So, before I make this happen, I’d like to confirm what’s really happening out there. So that what I create is valuable, and serves the right purpose to help people.
Why is it needed?
There’s plenty of press about how work pressure, culture, processes plus existing learnt behaviours, can impact on people’s abilities to be their “best selves” at work.
These factors affect performance, creativity, productivity, quality of work, and the ability to communicate and connect well (with each other and with customers). All of which impact on the potential effectiveness, growth and success of companies.
Life and work are busy and people may not have sufficient time or impetus to focus on improving their work habits and behaviours.
The intensity of digital noise in our world creates additional distraction. And reduced attention spans affect our learning and retention abilities.
Plus, the very systems, processes and working styles that are meant to help us, can also stifle our creativity and hinder our performance.
How can we be less distracted, so that our creative thinking and personal super powers are able to shine through?
By giving individuals and teams the nudge they need, to become better at what they do, and how they do it.
In small, doable increments, via a series of short, simple, curated learning sessions. Knowledge sharing delivered in a way that is interesting, motivational, interactive, fun and memorable.
Pocket-sized learning which promotes a desire for positive change.
The idea is to equip people with the right information and tools to increase their self-awareness and develop more effective working habits.
To improve their “soft” skills, so that they can deliver optimally on their “hard” skills.
What are my objectives?
- To help team members become better versions of themselves at work and in life, in turn creating a more effective, sustainable business producing better results.
- To improve work performance to positively influence business outcomes (such as improved sales, better customer service, increased productivity and efficiency, stronger internal communications, more effective collaboration, heightened creative thinking, opportunities for innovation, reduced absenteeism, etc.)
- To innovate around company culture and process
Who do I want to help?
Medium-sized business enterprises with a creative, design, digital, tech or innovation focus (and roughly between 15 and 100 people on the team):
- Startups and Tech Companies
- Media and Communication Companies
- Advertising, Branding, Marketing, Design and Digital Agencies
- Purpose-driven companies innovating in their field
- Companies with knowledge workers on their team
How does this service fit in?
Businesses that may not have a dedicated HR team or formal personal development programme in place, may be unable to oversee and fulfil employee wellbeing needs adequately. This service could help fill this gap.
Companies that may already be utilising some form of wellbeing programme (or have an HR team looking after wellbeing needs), may find the service beneficial as an add-on to any existing initiatives.
My research and development process?
- This research will help me to develop a basic version of this knowledge sharing programme
- I will test its viability by running a pilot project with a select group of companies in Manchester.
- Based on results and outcomes, I will develop the pilot content into a fully-fledged service to share with a larger audience
Who is Michelle Bondesio?
- An experienced project manager and communications consultant, based in the UK
- I’ve coordinated and contributed to many diverse projects in the UK and South Africa, over 20 years.
- I’ve worked with both smaller businesses, and on behalf of blue chip and FMCG multinational companies.
This includes work in the areas of responsible tourism and corporate social responsibility. The production of TV commercials, event planning and management for meetings, incentives and conferences (MICE). And finally, involvement in communication, design, digital media and online marketing projects.
Working across sectors and industry spheres, I’ve developed a passion for personal development and wellbeing in the workplace. Based on my experience, I’m creating a service which promotes and enables a stronger culture of learning and growth within our work environments. So that people and companies can become their “better selves”.
You have the opportunity to share your knowledge, insights and opinion by taking part in a short survey. To find out more, please contact me via info [at] @bondesio [dot] com.
Your feedback is super valuable to me. And your contribution can help others too. :)